About the Program
Honeywell Leadership Challenge Academy (HLCA) is a week-long, experiential learning program exclusive to students 16 – 18 years old who are children of full-time Honeywell employees around the world. The program takes place at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
The 2017 HLCA program dates:
- Saturday-Friday, February 25-March 3, 2017
- Saturday-Friday, March 4-March 10, 2017
Applicants accepted into the 2017 HLCA program will be notified by the week of November 30, 2016.
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible to attend:
- Between the ages of 16 – 18 years old by February 20, 2017
- Child of a current, full-time Honeywell employee
- Currently enrolled in high school
- Submit the online application
- Submit proof of school enrollment letter along with the online application
- Have not previously attended HLCA
- Have an interest in science, technology, engineering or mathematics and are active in extracurricular activities
- No other preparation is necessary for the program
Financial contributions from Honeywell Hometown Solutions and Honeywell employees help fund the scholarships, which include tuition, meals, accommodation and all materials for the program.